Check Out These Strange Traffic Laws!
The world of legalese can be a pretty boring one to explore from the outside, with its complex and sometimes outdated language seemingly meant to confuse any reader lacking experience in law. However, sometimes the laws reveal hidden gems that will make you laugh out loud if you find them. But you might also be in luck knowing these obscure laws, too, because it might help you avoid breaking them without even knowing they exist!
Reading these strange laws might make your tires spin to the point that you’ll need to shop for new tires in Riverside, CA—or it might just give you a chuckle as you surf the internet on a random break at work. Whatever the case may be, enjoy a sampling of some odd restrictions related to traffic and cars in general:
- Speaking of tires, you can head to jail for 30 days if you screech them in Kansas.
- What’s the connection between the legislators and Dunkin’ Donuts in South Berwick, Maine? We’re not sure, but it seems fishy that you can receive a ticket for parking in front of one of their locations.
- North Carolinians trying to visit the grave of a loved one have a strange conundrum: it’s illegal to drive through cemeteries there if you’re not there to bury someone or dig a grave.
- Pennsylvanians take the “day of rest” seriously: it’s illegal to sell a car on that day.
- Make sure you have your higher-value change ready in North Dakota, as it’s against the law to place a penny in a parking meter.
- If you’re looking for an attention-grabbing and cheap meal for your next family dinner, head to West Virginia, where you’re welcome to walk along roadways and scavenge roadkill to your heart’s content.
- We’re not sure why this law originated, but you certainly cannot operate a car with a gorilla in the backseat if you’re traveling in Massachusetts.
- In the great state of California, you can’t take a nap on the side of the road, no matter how much you might want to avoid falling asleep at the wheel.
Though some of these and other odd traffic laws out there might make you laugh aloud, one thing that’s no laughing matter is taking good care of your tires in Riverside, CA. If you have any tire problems, you should jump on them quickly to ensure you’re driving safely, and Reliable Tire Center is happy to help you with whatever you need.
For nearly 50 years, Reliable Tire Center has provided high-quality tires and tire services to Riverside, CA and the surrounding communities. Many tire centers have good tire brands, but we also offer free tire rotations, balancing and repairs as long as the tires last. On top of tire services, we also offer brake service and general auto repair. If you’re looking for exceptional customer service along with knowledgeable experts, call or stop by our shop today. We look forward to helping you care for your car for the long haul!
Categorised in: Uncategorized