Five Signs That It’s Time for an Oil Change in Riverside, CA
Anyone who owns a car knows that regular maintenance is important, but a lot of drivers have a hard time determining when various services are actually necessary. Every car is different, and everyone has different driving patterns, so your maintenance needs will vary depending on a number of factors. Aside from the standard mileage guideline between oil changes, there are several additional factors that you can consider to help you determine whether it’s time to bring your vehicle in for service:
- Check engine light: Your oil indicator light is designed to notify you when your system is low on oil. If this light comes on, it’s time to take your car in for an oil change in Riverside, CA. If you don’t have an oil indicator light in your vehicle, your check engine light may come on to notify you of low oil levels. When either light comes on, you should check your oil dipstick to confirm your oil level. If your indicator lights are on but your oil levels are normal, it’s possible that there’s a problem with the indicator lights themselves, and you should bring your car to a mechanic to fix the issue.
- Noisy engine operation: Oil is supposed to lubricate your engine components to reduce friction, so noisy engine operation is an indication that your oil isn’t doing what it’s supposed to do. Without sufficient lubrication, engine components can sustain excessive wear and tear, so you should bring your car in for an oil change in Riverside, CA as soon as possible to prevent damage.
- Dirty oil: Your oil should look clean and have an amber color. As it collects particles from the engine, it will get darker and dirtier. If you check your dipstick and notice that the oil is dark or filled with small debris particles, it’s time to get your oil changed. You should check the oil dipstick about once a month to determine whether you need an oil change.
- Exhaust smoke: It’s totally normal for translucent fumes to come out of your exhaust pipe, but it’s not normal for dark, heavy smoke to spew from your exhaust system. This can be caused by a number of different problems, including low oil levels and oil leaks, so you should take your vehicle to a mechanic as soon as possible if this is happening.
- Oil odor: If you smell oil, gas or exhaust while you’re inside your vehicle, it’s likely that you have an issue with oil leaking or engine overheating. Regardless of the specific source of the issue, you need to have your car serviced by a professional to prevent more extensive damage and engine failure.
Get an oil change in Riverside, CA
If your car needs an oil change in Riverside, CA, stop by Reliable Tire Center. Our team has all of the experience, training and tools necessary to provide you with the tire, brake and general maintenance services that you need to keep your vehicle running safely on the road. Whether you need help with wheel alignment and suspension, or you simply need an oil change and a tire rotation, our certified technicians are here to help you. Give us a call today to schedule a service appointment, or simply stop by for assistance.
Categorised in: Oil Changes, Uncategorized