We all learned the importance of driving safely in the rain back in driver’s ed, but that course was years ago. Over time, many of us are lured into a false sense of safety while driving in the rain because “we know the roads” or “we’re good drivers.” That may be true, but that doesn’t mean you should take your abilities for granted driving in the rain! Follow these tips and check out our new tire sales in Riverside, CA to ensure that you’re as safe as possible during the next rainstorm:
- Check your tires: Before you get in the car next time, do yourself a favor and check those tires. Is the tread a little thin? Are your tire walls bulging at all? Has it been a while since you’ve gotten new tires? If the answer to any of those questions is “yes,” it’s time to start looking for tire sales in Riverside, CA. Buying new tires helps ensure that your car has extra grip on slippery roads and you won’t get into an accident.
- Inspect your wiper blades and lights: Perfect visibility is invaluable while driving in the rain, especially at night. For that reason, it’s crucial that your windshield wipers are in like-new condition and your lights are nice and bright. If your wiper has trouble keeping water off your windshield or if your lights are a bit more dim than usual, bring your vehicle to a mechanic. We can set you up with new wipers and replace those old bulbs.
- Drive slowly: Even if you’ve just gotten new tires and new brakes, you still need to drive slower when it’s raining. It takes longer to slow down and come to a stop when it rains, so traveling a few miles per hour slower is necessary if you want to be safe and sound on the road.
- Leave extra space: Since it’s harder to slow down on slick pavement, you always need to allow some extra space between your car and the one in front of you. That car ahead might suddenly slam on the brakes, and if you’re too close, you could wind up rear-ending it. That’s obviously not a good way to start your day, so leave some extra space and you’ll have a safe commute to work.
- Pay close attention: It should go without saying that you always need to pay attention when you’re going down the road, but sometimes our minds can drift off while we’re driving, especially if it’s a flat and boring route. Trust us when we say that a rainstorm is not the time to let your mind wander! As mentioned above, cars can come to a sudden stop, and you never know when a tree branch could suddenly fall down on the road. Keep your eyes on the road and your hands on the steering wheel, and you should be good to go.
If it’s time for a new set of shoes for your car, look no further than Reliable Tire Center for new tire sales in Riverside, CA. We offer great deals on the biggest name brands, so you can rest easy knowing that you won’t spend an arm and a leg buying your new tires.
Categorised in: Uncategorized