Whether it’s because they’re avid DIY-ers or because they don’t want to pay a mechanic, the thought of bringing their vehicle to a mechanic instead of working on it themselves pains millions of Americans. That’s fine in many circumstances, assuming you know what you’re doing. However, there are some cases in which you’re better off leaving the maintenance work to the professionals! We may be a bit biased, but we believe these maintenance items should be left to a pro instead of trying to do them yourself:
- Suspension: It’s often overlooked, but your suspension system has a lot to do with how your car functions overall. Poor suspension makes for an unpleasant drive down the road and causes big problems for your engine, tires and other vital components of your vehicle. If you notice that your suspension is a bit “off,” don’t try to fix it yourself. Doing so will most likely mess up your alignment or even make your suspension problems worse. Instead, bring it to us for suspension service in Riverside, CA.
- Engine diagnostics: Nowadays, you can download free smartphone apps that claim to diagnose what’s wrong with your engine when the check engine light turns on. The only problem is that those check engine codes are pretty complicated, and your simple app isn’t up to the challenge of figuring out exactly what’s wrong. Bring your car to us as soon as you see that light turn on. Our mechanics can take a look and quickly diagnose and repair the issue.
- Internal engine repair: Even if you’ve restored an old muscle car and know the ins and outs of your 1967 Ford Mustang, trust us when we say that you may be in over your head with new engine repair! Engines in modern cars are highly advanced and require expert-level knowledge to repair and tune up.
- Air conditioning: If your AC flow is weaker or warmer than usual, the solution is to get a can of Freon and fill the tank back up, right? Think again! Your air conditioning system is sealed, which means if you’re low on Freon, you have a leak somewhere. Filling it back up will give you some more cool air for a while, but that won’t solve your underlying issue. Bring your vehicle to a professional mechanic to find and fix that leak. It may cost more up front, but you’ll never have to waste your money on another can of Freon again.
- Tire rotation: Rotating your tires seems like a relatively simple and straightforward job as long as you have the right tools. In reality, though, it’s a fairly complex task that’s best left to the pros. Tire rotation also includes balancing your tires and checking for uneven wear. Unless you want to drive on unsafe tires, bring your vehicle to a mechanic when you need a rotation.
Your car is your baby—when you can’t take care of it, make sure it’s in good hands! All of our mechanics at Reliable Tire Center are certified to work on all sorts of makes and models. From engine repair to suspension service in Riverside, CA, you can trust that we’ll handle any trouble that arises with your vehicle.