Five Tips to Remember Before Your Holiday Road Trip
Fall is here and winter is around the corner, and this means that the holiday season will be here before you know it. Lots of people travel by car during the holidays to see friends and family members who live across town or across the country. No matter how far away your loved ones are or where you’re traveling this season, it’s important to take some steps to make sure that your trip goes as smoothly as possible and that you arrive at your destination safely. From checking your tires to getting important brake service in Riverside, CA, here are five tips to keep in mind:
- Rest up: Being drowsy on the road can slow down your reaction time and make it far more likely for you to be involved in an accident. Before a trip, get as much sleep as possible so that you can stay focused and alert on the road.
- Inspect your tires: Nothing throws a wrench in holiday plans like a roadside tire blowout. Avoid getting stranded on the shoulder by taking the time to inspect your tires for signs of damage or excessive wear. You should also check your air pressure and make sure that your levels are right. If you notice a problem with your tires or they have low tread depth, you should get them repaired or replaced at a local tire shop.
- Promote visibility: During the holiday season, you never know what kinds of weather conditions you may encounter on the road. Be safe by getting your windshield wipers, lights and defrosters into good working condition before you leave. You should consider getting a pre-trip inspection so that a technician can check all of these components and make sure that they are performing well to ensure good visibility on the road, regardless of what kind of weather you run into.
- Be prepared: It’s always better to be safe than sorry, so take some time to pack emergency supplies in your vehicle before hitting the road. You don’t need to go crazy with emergency preparations, but you should have a first aid kit, flashlights, road flares, some food and water and emergency blankets in case you get stuck by the side of the road for a prolonged period of time.
- Check your brakes: Your brakes are a vitally important component of your vehicle, so you should have them checked regularly, especially before a long trip. Take your car to a shop that provides brake service in Riverside, CA so that a technician can inspect the condition of your brakes and determine whether you should have them repaired or replaced before your holiday trip.
Get ready for your next trip with a tire and brake inspection from Reliable Tire Center. We are a premier provider of tire, brake, suspension and alignment service with decades of experience in the automotive industry. Our team of certified technicians can provide you with an in-depth inspection and offer recommendations for your vehicle. When you purchase tires from our shop, you’ll also receive free rotations, balance and repairs for the life of your tires. Find out more by giving us a call or stopping by today.
Categorised in: Auto Maintenance, Uncategorized